Friday, December 23, 2011

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!



Here is my top secret, uber-yummy chocolate chip recipe! My secret ingredient --- vanilla pudding mix!  All of my family/friends LOVE this recipe and as you may notice, it's the double recipe since it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a single batch and have them last a full day.

I make changes to it fairly often --- but this is the variation that I currently use. You may want to increase the salt to 2 tsps --- it just depends on your taste!

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 packets of instant vanilla pudding mix (I suggest the 3.4 oz)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt - set aside.

3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended.

4. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.

5. Blend in the flour mixture.

6. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.

7. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto UNgreased cookie sheet. (Make sure to avoid the Pam --- my first batch was god-awful since I missed that part!)

8. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment