Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Shopping Trip of 2012!

Today was my first couponing/price matching trip of 2012 and with the sales going on, I got some amazing deals! 

These items regularly priced at Walmart would have cost me $256.89.  However, today’s total after price matching and using $39.50 in coupons was $96.70 – saving my family $160.19 or 67% of my grocery bill! 
If you look at the picture below, I’ve provided a handy visual.  If I had NOT couponed and price matched, I would have only been able to purchase the items on the top shelf (Tides, Chicken Breasts, Old Spice deodorants, and Diet Coke) for my total of $96.70.  But thanks to coupons and price matching – I got everything on the counter below for FREE!  And free is good – very, very good!!


So, what was I able to purchase for $96.70?  Here’s a breakdown (remember if I had NOT used coupons and price matching, I would have only gotten the items in blue for my $96.70 - but since I did - I was able to get all of the items in black for FREE):
4 – Boneless / Skinless Chicken breast packages (32 chicken breasts in all!)
4 - Old Spice Deodorants
3 – 12 packs of Diet Coke
4 – Tide laundry detergents
4 - Pantane Hair Products
4 - Crest toothpastes
1 - Vicks DayQuil
1 - English muffin packet
1 - Envelopes
4 - Jello Pudddings
1 – Sara Lee Bread
6 – GreatValue Frozen veggies
1 – Covergirl cotton pads
2 – Pillsbery Crescent Rolls
2- GreatValue Freezer bags
2 – Keebler Crackers
2 – GreatValue Shredded Cheese packets
1 – I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
2 - GreatValue Honey
4 – Oscar Meyer Lunchmeats
1 – Hellsman Mayo
4 – Green Giants Steamable Veggies
1 – 18 count eggs
2 – Carrots
1 – Sponge
2 – Dole Salad Kits
1 – Marie Callender Pot Pie
1 – Pineapple
1 – 3lb bag of Clementines
1 – bunch of bananas

Don't you just love saving money??





1 comment:

  1. Yes, Yes I do LOVE saving money! Besides being economical, I love the challenge of getting good deals!

    ReplyDelete