Friday, October 28, 2011

***HOT*** TIP ON COUPON BAR CODES!! EXPAND YOUR BUYING POWER!!


***HOT*** TIP ON COUPON BAR CODES!!  EXPAND YOUR BUYING POWER!!

My posts are generally on hot deals here in KC, but I thought I would branch out today and give you guys a HOT TIP on BAR CODES!  I was educated on this by a Regional Director at Target a few months ago and it was one of the best tips as a Savvy Shopper that I have EVER received!!

If you look at the picture above, you can see it is the $8/2 Covergirl coupon.  Notice that it says it is for face products, which means that most of us would only pick out facial items (like foundation or powder) – which limits what we purchase.  However, there is a way to really expand what a coupon is good for (and any other coupon as well) and that is the secret I am sharing today!  Notice on the bottom is a bar code that starts with “22700”.  On a coupon, those numbers are golden!    What those numbers tell the cash register software is that any product that you purchase that has that specific bar code number on it is eligible for the coupon.  Okay, so remember this bar code number for a second as we head to the next section.

To help you visualize how much this opens up a coupon’s use, the above picture shows some of the different types of products that I purchased with the $8/2 Covergirl coupon for facial items.  As you can see, it includes mascaras, eye shadows, blushers, lip glosses, eye liners, etc.  So, how did I know they were eligible?  I simply found the bar code on each product and checked to see if it was “22700”.  If the product’s bar code was “22700”, I knew it would qualify for the $8/2 coupon! 

Lastly, I took a picture of the back of these products so you could see how the coupon bar code and the product bar code match.  Notice how each product has a bar code of “22700” which means every item qualified for the $8/2 coupon!  Yay! 

In total, I had 36 coupons.  I’ve given some to friends and family (why not share the wealth, right??) and I’ve gotten some great stocking stuffers, plus a whole slew that I want to donate to a local woman’s shelter (if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know!).   By expanding the products the coupon is good for, I’ve been able to build quite a stash.

THIS LITTLE TIP IS GOOD ON EVERY COUPON OUT THERE!!

Hope this helps everyone understand (and expand) the products they are getting!  Good luck Savvy Shoppers!

3 comments:

  1. I hate this post. Makes no sense. All the codes are the same for P&G products... even toilet paper... are you saying I can use a TP coupon on mascara? I think not. Why not just use the coupon for what it's intended for. This is coupon fraud.
    Read the fine print...its good only on the product specified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you read what was written, I am talking about the Covergirl products, not using it for other things such as TP. Quite honestly, I would have never thought of doing something that dishonest and I don't think this post encouraged fraud. It was just pointing out it could be used on more than one product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 992 family code means it will work on anything with the same set of first numbers. 992 will either always beep or never beep it depends on each store and how their system is set up.
    It's ones personal opion if they think that is coupon fraud.

    ReplyDelete