Thursday, October 20, 2011

I SAVED 75% OFF MY GROCERY SHOPPING TRIP – LEARN HOW TO DO IT!!

I SAVED 75% OFF MY GROCERY SHOPPING TRIP – BEFORE COUPONS AND PRICE MATCHING, MY TOTAL WAS $349.22-- I SAVED $259.66 FOR A TOTAL COST OF $89.56!!

My aunts were in town this week from Seattle and asked for a crash course in couponing!  I thought it would be fun to take them out and help them see how to become a Savvy Shopper.  We got together early this morning, printed out the KC Savvy Shopper Best Deals for the week and matched the sales up with coupons.  Not to scare anyone, but the list was 4 pages long!

After shopping at Walmart in Parkville, MO for almost two hours (and shutting down a register since we had a newbie for our cashier) our very full shopping cart total was $89.56.  But – and here is the amazing part, BEFORE COUPONS AND PRICE MATCHING, the total was $349.22 – giving me a SAVINGS OF 75%!!! 

To help you visualize the difference, I took a picture of our bootie!  Everything on the left side or in front of the Diet Cokes (including the Pringles, chicken breasts, Purex, and two 15.5 lb bags of Beneful dog food) had a regular price of $89.  This means, EVERYTHING else on the table, I GOT FOR FREE!!! 


So, how did I do it?  First, I printed out the KC Savvy Shopper Best Deals list and price matched EVERY ITEM in my cart.  Second, I reviewed the KC Savvy Shopper coupon match ups that I posted yesterday and Sunday from the local grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.  After finding more great deals from their sales ads (mainly the Cover Girl deals and the Dove deodorant), I pulled out coupons for most of the products (I used a total of $81 in coupons at check out!)  Yes, it was time consuming, but it saved me 75% or $260!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment